Let's Keep Our Eyes on the Lord

This photo was reposted from my Instagram
Aaron and I were watching the last movie in The Hobbit trilogy the other night. One scene struck a chord in me; the scene where Smaug, the evil dragon was facing off against Bard, the archer and Bain, his teenage son. Smaug, was smack-talking and trying to strike fear. He asked Bard, “is this your child? You cannot save him from the fire. He will burn!” On that last word, he lunged forward, open mouthed, ready to consume. At the same time, Bard was steadying the arrow on Bain’s shoulder, because the bow was broken. Bain was facing his father but he turned to see Smaug descending on them. Just then, Bard calmly said, “Bain, keep your eyes on me.” Bain did so and his dad hit his mark and the dragon died.
I love this scene because it reminds me of what God desires from us. When the enemy is thrashing about, threatening, accusing, trying to spread pain and fear, the Lord tells us to keep our eyes on Him. God is always in control and not only will we be spared from worrying when we keep our eyes on Him, but we will also be more effective in our task at hand.

Thank you for reading.  Jesus loves YOU.




Would you like to read/see more?  Let's connect on social media!
Like my Facebook - anomalyssa
Follow my Instagram - alyssaam2
Follow my Pinterest - anomalyssablog


Would you like to share this blog post?  Simply select the email, blog, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest button from the grey box below...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting!

My Product Recommendations