Skip to main content

My Beauty Staple - Apple Cider Vinegar

One of my biggest health and beauty workhorses is apple cider vinegar. Bragg, in particular, because theirs is organic and contains the mother (proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria).

Although the taste is strong, I love making dressing out of Bragg’s ACV. I’ll wisk it with olive oil, salt, and garlic powder, usually. ACV is so healthy, I try to consume it everyday. I usually do so by stirring a tablespoon into a glass of water and drink that.

As for beauty, I use apple cider vinegar as a facial toner. I dab a cotton ball into one part ACV and one part water and rub all over my face, jaw, neck, and chest. My pores are cleaned out and prepped for moisturizer.  ACV also brightens and moisturizes skin.  Human skin is slightly acidic which is why ACV or diluted ACV is a great toner.  I also love to rinse my hair with apple cider vinegar. It’s one of the best and least expensive detanglers and hair conditioners ever and the smell fades as it dries.

It’s also worth mentioning that I bathe Miles in diluted apple cider vinegar (one quarter cup in a bathtub full of water) and it really calms his eczema.

Are you a fellow lover of apple cider vinegar?  How do you use it?

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

FAITH: When I Chose Modesty

When I was in my teens and early 20s, I was extremely immodest. While I was getting ready to go out, my goal was to look as hot as possible and collect as much attention as possible. 

I thought that if I could be the hottest woman in the room, I would be able to capture attention and it would be mine for as long as I wanted. It didn't occur to me that the kind of attention I was seeking is a fleeting kind. In other words, it didn't matter if I was the most beautiful woman that guy had ever seen. The kind of guy who appreciated my immodesty had zero standards whatsoever. He'd hang on my every word until someone else's skin flashed by. He'd flirt with me and then turn around and flirt with every other girl as well. This guy didn't care about whose makeup was better, who was witty, who had better legs, who was nicest, etc. The kind of guy who is attracted to immodesty is only interested in one thing and that's not your heart. This dude has no other standards an…

FAITH: Are You Willing to Give God Anything He Wants?

Push Up popsicles are interesting.  In order to eat more ice cream, you need to literally push up the stick that's connected to the platform in which the ice cream sits.

My toddlers both lack the strength and dexterity to push up their Push Ups, so I have to make myself available to help them out.  One of my boys understands this.  As his ice cream dips below the cardboard container, he'll eagerly hand his treat over so I can push the stick upwards and he can continue eating.  My other boy doesn't yet understand why he needs my help.  He'd rather chew at the cardboard than willingly hand over his treat for two seconds.  Whenever it's time to push up his ice cream, he grips it tight and puts up a fight against me even though my motive is completely for his benefit.  I never take the ice cream for myself, I only obtain the Push Up in order to make it possible for my boys to have more ice cream.  So they don't have to resort to gnawing on soggy cardboard.

This remin…